Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: copy-prev-word question RE: Bug report interface comments
- X-seq: zsh-workers 10658
- From: "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: copy-prev-word question RE: Bug report interface comments
- Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:25:06 +0000
- In-reply-to: <38F2EE43.D9C0B23C@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <200004110948.LAA04365@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <200004100758.JAA31384@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1000411025209.ZM31402@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <38F2EE43.D9C0B23C@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200004110948.LAA04365@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Apr 11, 10:20am, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
} Subject: Re: copy-prev-word question RE: Bug report interface comments
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > So "behind the cursor" is to the left of it (unless you're writing in
} > Hebrew or Aramaic or something) and I think the doc was correct before,
} > or rather it was correct "behind."
} I'm sure what you say is right but 'before' seems clearer to me.
It's actually fine either way, to a native English speaker, so ....
} I wouldn't particularly consider the left to be behind the
} right because it is no further away and isn't obscured by it.
Ah, now -there's- an aspect of obscurity that I neglected to explore.
"Behind" like one car is behind another in a train [*], not like your
sister is hiding behind the couch.
[*] Train cars aren't automobiles, but automobiles are cars.
On Apr 11, 11:48am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Back to the original question: should I commit the patch? With a
} to-the-left-of-the-cursor manual as suggested by Oliver? Should I make
} it a separate widget? (Name? I can only think of copy-last-word which
} is probably to easily confused with copy-prev-word and insert-last-word.)
Oliver's suggestion: Yes.
A new widget: Yes. Call it repeat-prev-word or copy-prev-shell-word or
some such. (The distinction is whether the word boundary is typographical
or shell-lexical, right?)
Bart Schaefer Brass Lantern Enterprises
Messages sorted by: