Re: 3.1.6-dev-22

On Apr 12,  9:06pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> > } I would appreciate any opinions on whether fixing
> > } `export' to work locally in functions is a good idea.
> >
> > I think it should work like ksh in sh/ksh emulation modes, but otherwise
> > I think the current behavior is OK.
>
> Well, up to now every change in emulation has been mirrored in some
> option.

That's not quite true ... although it may be my fault in both cases where
it isn't.  ${!foo} acts like ${(P)foo} only in ksh emulation, and ${assoc}
acts like ${assoc[0]} only in ksh emulation.  There's no option for either;
they're strictly for executing ksh scripts.

> Sooner or later someone's going to want the feature and find they
> can only do it by setting two gross of options.

This is as opposed to wanting the feature and finding they can't do it at
all?