Re: 'Permission denied" problem when completing directories

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> bor@itsrm2% cd /opt/openFT/desktop/
> Completing directory
> TclTk/    desktop/  ft/       samples/  scripts/
>
> (menu selection is active and current item is `desktop'); now I press
> `/', that is bound to accept-and-infer-next-history
>
> bor@itsrm2% cd /opt/openFT/desktop/
> Completing `directory'
>
> now press TAB
>
> bor@itsrm2% cd
> Completing `directory'
>
> The reason is most probably permissions:
>
> bor@itsrm2% l /opt/openFT/desktop
> ls: Cannot access directory /opt/openFT/desktop: Permission denied
>
> but should not Zsh handle it more gracefully?

Yes. And it does for me... i.e. the string doesn't just vanish,
neither with my setup nor with `zsh -f'. Could you...

A different question is whether menu-selection shouldn't exit when
a-a-i-n-h yields no matches. I've thinking about this for quite some
time, but couldn't find a good solution for what to do when this
happens.

Bye
 Sven