Re: PATCH: Re: 3.1.7-pre-1: Problem with scrolled completion listings

On Apr 26,  8:25am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: Re: 3.1.7-pre-1: Problem with scrolled completion list
}
} > However, I'm confused.  I don't want scrolling.  I have LISTMAX=100, not
} > LISTMAX=scroll.  Yet still I get scrolling.
}
} That's why I first didn't give the list-prompt style a default
} value. It specifies both the prompt to use and that scrolling is used
} at all.

But the doc still says to set LISTMAX=scroll (mod_complist.yo, lines
130-136) and doesn't say anything about _main_complete forcing it on
(via compstate[list_max]=scroll) just because LISTPROMPT isn't empty,
which appears to be what happens.

This looks like a case of the doc reflecting the C code in the complist
module, but the completion system establishing a different default.  This
is not good; there's no right way to document it.

} We had the suggestion to allow going back in completion lists.

I told you it was a bad idea to start implementing a pager.  Drive a stake
through it's heart right now or you'll pay in blood later.  Leave it as is.
I'm tempted to say we should even file it as a bug on SourceForge and then
mark it closed with a "won't fix" status.