Re: Completion system directories

Sven Wischnowsky (wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> And finally: what is the easiest way to make these changes in the CVS
> repository? Is there really no simpler way than using `cvs add' and
> `cvs remove'? If not: urgh.

Renaming/moving files around is one of CVS' weaknesses.  If we had
direct access to the CVS repository we could just copy the RCS files
directly, and that would preserve history.  (See the FAQ for details
of this procedure.)  But we don't.  So I guess we can either ask the
sourceforge guys nicely, or obtain a tarball of the whole repository,
and declare the tree closed for a bit while someone messes around with
the tarball, and resubmits it for upload.

> And that with the `cvs commit aborted: broken pipe' I get at every
> second commit-attempt :-(

Hmm, no excuse for that.  You should submit a bug to sourceforge.