Re: Completion system directories

Bart wrote:
> On May 3, 11:14am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> } And finally: what is the easiest way to make these changes in the CVS
> } repository? Is there really no simpler way than using `cvs add' and
> } `cvs remove'?
>
> There's no way using :pserver:, but since we have shell access to the
> repository ...
>
> If we can impose a moritorium on commits for a while, we can simply copy
> the ,v files to new directories in the repository, and then "cvs remove"
> the originals.  (We could use mv rather than cp, but that messes up the
> "cvs update" of people's existing checked-out sandboxes.  The only way
> to make checked-out copies go away cleanly is to "cvs remove"/commit.)

I don't like mucking around in the archive in this way because it means we
can no longer checkout old versions of the shell.  As far as I'm concerned
using cvs add/remove would be perfectly OK.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,