Re: PATCH: _arguments (was: Re: option and case insensitive matcher-list.)

On Tue, 16 May 2000, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:

> Umpf. No, currently not and I can't think of a good syntax. Does
> anyone have suggestion? (Of course we could just put it before the
> `--' with a normal spec, but I'd like to find a way to specify such
> things for the auto-detection descriptions...)

Sven, you once asked about example, why adding new features to _arguments
is not as easy. Here you have one. For this reason I really think, that
something different (like flags in parameter expansions or globbing) is
needed. In this case you have just one syntax construct.

I do not suggest, that should not support current formats. It needs too
much rewrite. But for the future something different is definitely needed.

-andrej