_netscape

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:

> Hm. What exactly doesn't seem to work properly for you anymore? The
> only ugliness I can see is that you get the `\(' if the string is not
> in quotes but when it is.

I've tried some of the things you suggest and I can't get it to work although I
have managed to get the same behaviour as now with a more succinct _netscape.

The only thing which is particularly special about netscape remote commands is
that they contain brackets so these brackets need to be quoted.

If I manually use a single or double quote around the whole remote command,
things work fine:

netscape -remote 'open<tab> lists openFile and openURL
netscape -remote 'openU<tab> completes openURL(, the bracket being a suffix
netscape -remote 'openURL(<tab> is now completing urls

Where things go wrong is when I don't use a quote:

netscape -remote open<tab> completes '\(', subsequent tabs insert more, I would
    expect to see openFile and openURL listed
netscape -remote openU<tab> works - completes to openURL\(
netscape -remote openURL\(<tab> also works - it completes URLs.

The first of these is where it isn't workling. The thing which is missing is that I never get the list of matches, just the inserted brackets.

Oliver Kiddle