Re: Proxy support for zftp functions

> > This was on my original plan, but not only didn't I need it
> > myself I didn't
> > even have a proxy host to try on, so I never thought much about it.
> > I was actually imagining doing it in the C code.
>
> Yes, it makes more sense. Proxy is relevant only for a logon - then it
> is completely transparent (hopefully :-).

Actually, for just that reason, your idea of doing it in the functions is
probably better.  The less hidden code the more I like it.

> Actually, much more interesting (needed) feature is ls parsing.
> Currently, zftp relies on MDTM/SIZE to exist - and, unfortunately, they
> are missing in "common" Unix servers. Have you ever thought about it?

There's a nice project for someone with a bit of time.  This can probably
be done in shell functions too --- it's system-specific, so not good to
hard code, and the only place this is used internally is for supplying to
functions doing progress reports, which can be rewritten to use information
returned by ls where necessary.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,