Re: strange prompt on Cygwin

> Yep. It seems to be default bash prompt.

No, `$P$G' is the default DOS (or whatever they call it these days)
prompt.  In COMMAND.COM, $P is the full path to the current directory,
while $G is a `>' sign.  It's stored in the same environment variable,
PROMPT, which is why you're getting it.

By the way, I ended up sticking `set HOME=/home' in AUTOEXEC.BAT as the
easiest way to give zsh a sensible home directory.

I never thought I'd use so much M*cr*s*ft language in one email.
--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,