Re: #compdef tag and menu-select

On May 31,  8:51am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: #compdef tag and menu-select
}
} > What can I put *in the definition file* for this widget that will enable
} > menu selection "by other means"?  I tried everything I could think of
}
}   foo() {
}     compadd ...
}     MENUSELECT=0
}     compstate[insert]=menu
}   }
}   zle -C foo complete-word foo
}   bindkey '...' foo
}
} Works for me.

It doesn't work for me.  I get a listing and the first match inserted.

Ah, but I don't have the complist module loaded from .zshrc ... that's
the missing tidbit.  So (prior to the patch for autoloading menu-select)
I'd also have to put a zmodload in the definition file.

I therefore think it's worth keeping menu-select around as a widget even
if just as an autoloading hook.