RE: Use and abuse of dynamic loading RE: Getting dynamic loading towork on cygwin

> I don't know what you mean by this.  In perl, you use `use Module' to
> include a module, which may have compiled data, and may have autoload
> capability.  In zsh, you use `zmodload -ab foo' and its
> friends to specify
> that foo is loadable from a module; you don't need to
> recompile to do that.
> What's the difference?

Yes, sorry, I overlooked it. I mostly thought about these magic modules
that are always autoloaded, like zle and completion, and file
bltinmods.list. This one is generated at compile time.

Do you mean that zsh doesn't come
> with a separate
> kit to allow you to compile new modules without the original
> compilation
> environment?

Yes, that's it.

-andrej