Re: PATCH: complete rpm --{resign,addsign} in local

On Jun 5, 10:54am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: complete rpm --{resign,addsign} in local
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
}
} > On Jun 4,  5:09pm, Clint Adams wrote:
} > }
} > } zsh is still completing filenames directly after rpm -qcp or -qpc,
} > } with no space, FWIW.
} >
} > Currently _rpm uses `-p+' as the spec for the -p option.  That means that
} > anything that will follow the -p (including package file name) is allowed
} > to appear in the same word, or in the next word.
}
} Hrm. So we have to make it complete option arguments in the next
} word(s) even if the option string doesn't end in the option, right?

In this case, that's correct.  It's analogous to

	tar fvxz foo.tar.gz

(The _approximate and _correct completers have a wonderful time with tar,
by the way.)

} What makes me cringe is the case where we have -xy and both options
} have arguments...

You mean like `tar fvcbz foo.tar.gz 1024 foo'?

I don't think it's incumbent upon _arguments to handle this without help;
that's exactly what the state machine is for.  It just has to be possible
to tell _arguments that other option letters are allowed in the string of
options even after one that has a following argument, so that it can go
to the right next state.

This could be done by something like `_arguments -s+ ...' if it's too
awful to come up with still more OPTSPEC syntax (which I'm beginning to
believe that it is).