Re: PATCH: Re: blah*[TAB] (difference between 3.1.6 and 3.1.9)

On Jun 6,  3:57pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: Re: blah*[TAB] (difference between 3.1.6 and 3.1.9)
}
} On Jun 6,  2:58pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} }
} } And to get nearer to the expand-or-complete behaviour, you should also
} } use:
} }
} }   zstyle ':completion:*:expand:*' tag-order all-expansions
}
} Eh?  I just tried (again) my sequence in `zsh-3.1.9 -f' and I don't get
} offered a menu.  I just get the expansion inserted.  I get exactly the
} same behavior with your tag-order style as without.

I'm sorry; I was trying zsh-3.1.7 -f ... it behaves as Sven says in 3.1.9,
though I don't understand why they differ.

And this part still puzzles me:

} And if your tag-order were going to matter, shouldn't it need to be:
}
}     zstyle ':completion:*:expand:*' tag-order - all-expansions
}
} because
}           If any string in the value consists of only a hyphen, then
}           *only* the tags specified by the other strings in the value
}           are generated.  Normally all tags not explicitly selected are
}           tried last if the specified tags fail to generate any
}           matches.

Is that doc excerpt wrong now?