Re: PATCH: _arguments

Clint Adams wrote:

> > The `-A -*' doesn't mean that it complete ignores all unknown strings
> > starting with a hyphen, it just means that it doesn't stop completing
> > options if it finds undescribed `-foo's.
>
> > So, you still have to give it the `--{install,...}' to make it ignore
> > it. Or you use the `= ' trick together with the `::' trick, as in:
> >
> >            '(-i)--install:*::Debian packages:= ->install' \
>
> I'm confused.  If I omit the '--{install,...}', doesn't that make
> --install an undescribed -foo, and thus it shouldn't stop completing
> options?

;-) Yes, it is confusing. I was referring to it not completing normal
arguments. Since the --install isn't repeated, it is taken as the only
argument (the pattern to -A is really only used by the -A mechanism).
I hadn't seen that it doesn't complete options either... hm, that may
have something to do with multiple sets or something, I'll have a look
(together with the diff-thing).

Bye
 Sven