Re: PATCH: Re: expansion

On Jun 15, 10:26am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: Re: expansion
}
} I didn't change that even now because I've regretted these
} `mathematically conditional' styles for quite some time now.

Yes, I find it extremely difficult to express any useful conditions
that way.  I usually want some prefix of the line to match, or some
such, and end up using ${#${some_complicated_parameter_substitution}}
to get a numeric result.

} They should be turned into boolean styles and the condition should come
} from somewhere else, e.g. the -e option to zstyle I suggested (see
} 11691).

I agree.