Re: Cygwin path completion

Andrej wrote:
> Even if
> we cannot find out all drives (is it possible?) _path_files still has to
> treat /cygdrive/?/ specially, and not try to glob it. It can also always
> offer ``cygdrive'' for the first component (of course, if it matches
> current prefix/suffix).

Sven will have to answer for the feasibility of all of this, but...

One thing that might fit our needs here and elsewhere (e.g. speedups of
path completion when you know you don't want initial path components
re-jigged) is a style along the lines of fix-path-prefix, only maybe with a
better name.  A number would fix that many components (`2', here), while
something else e.g. `all' would turn off completion of earlier bits of the
path altogether.  A more generic `fix-prefix' might possibly be useful in
certain other completions.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,