Re: PATCH: Re: history completion oddity

Andy Spiegl wrote:

> Hi Sven,
>
> > P.S.: HISTSIZE=15000 doesn't seem to make any sense to me, I doubt
> >       that this will ever be used...
> Hm, I do use it.  I started with a smaller histsize, but the longer I use
> zsh the more I would like to keep in the history.  I like to keep track of
> almost everything I am doing, because I have a very bad memory.

Sorry. I meant `... in combination with completion'. How often have
you completed one of the strings you used on a command line last year
(and which didn't appear in the history since then)?

I.e. maybe we could add a style to _history* to complete only the last
N words/lines. Probably a bit like that example code in _first,
i.e. try the last N words/lines, if that doesn't yield matches, try
the last 2N words/lines, and so on.

Bye
 Sven