Re: PATCH: Re: Permissions directories

On Jun 23,  9:09am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: Re: Permissions directories
}
} +    # We search for:
} +    # - world/group-writable directories in fpath not owned by root or the user
} +    # - parent-directories of directories in fpath that are world/group-writable
} +    #   and not owned by root or the user

I think you meant "... OR not owned by ..." rather than "and."

Of course it now occurs to me that the one remaining problem is that if
the directory or file containing the compinit function is writable, none
of this is going to make any difference.

I suppose at some point you just have to trust your installation.  I'd be
tempted to suggest that compinit should be at least partially moved into
the C code in the computil module, but then we're not doing any ownership/
writability tests on dynamically-loaded modules in the C code, either.