Re: ZSH installation under Cygwin

> It is not possible to install Zsh binary under Cygwin if another Zsh is
> currently active:

It has to copy the current zsh binary on top of the current one, since
Windows doesn't have hard links.

This can be fixed by installing Linux on your PC.  At least, I don't know
of another way.  The workaround, of course, is to install the new zsh from
bash, which is what I do.

Annoyingly, the usual trick of exec'ing something else within the window
doesn't work either.  Windows seems to remember what you started in the
window.  I still have a suspicion it thinks it's DOS, deep down, whatever
everyone says.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,