Re: undo in menu selection broken

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> It is probably the result of recent patch and hence partially my fault.
> undo'ing after accept-and-infer-next-history does not goes up but rather
> deletes one character on the line.
>
> bor@itsrm2% cd ./AIX/
> Completing directory
> AIX/       Bsd/       CVS/       Core/      Linux/     X/
> Base/      Builtins/  Commands/  Debian/    User/
> bor@itsrm2% cd ./AIX/ (after a-a-i-n-h)
> bor@itsrm2% cd .AIX/  (after undo)

The problem is something I asked some time ago: a-a-i-n-h has problems
when the completion it tries generates only one or two matches. In
this case there is only one (CVS), so instead of accepting that it
leaves menu-selection and the undo then removes the slash. Probably
some messed up undo state, I'll have a look. But the real problem with
this is the a-a-i-n-h behaviour. What should it do when there are no
matches or only one? I would definitely prefer it if it didn't leave
menu selection. For one match this would show that match, quite
reasonably, but when there are no matches? Ideas, anyone?

Bye
 Sven