RE: erroneous completion when using {}

> Hello.
>
> When I use {} in a glob pattern like this:
>
> $ cat some/path/{directory\ 1, directory\ 2,_
>                                            ^
> 					   cursor :)
>
> and hit tab, my precious backslashes get lost:
>
> $ cat some/path/{directory 1,directory 2,directory\
>
> That is wrong and my glob pattern won't succeed later.
>
> Jan
>
> P.S. And my version: 3.1.6-dev-20, I use the new completion system.

Something like this happens in current CVS version (3.1.9-dev-1 +
patches).

bor@itsrm2% ls -1
a 1
a 2
a 3
bor@itsrm2% ls $PWD/{a\ 1,<CURSOR>a\ 2
                      (no blank between `,' and `a') after TAB
bor@itsrm2% ls $PWD/{a 1,a\ 2,
                      TAB once more
bor@itsrm2% ls $PWD/{a 1,a\ 2,
Completing `file'

The completion just after braces work:

bor@itsrm2% ls $PWD/{<TAB>
bor@itsrm2% ls $PWD/{a\ 1
Completing file
a\ 1   a\ 2   a\ 3
                     a-a-m-c
bor@itsrm2% ls $PWD/{a\ 1,a\ 2
Completing file
a\ 1   a\ 2   a\ 3

-andrej

P.S. curly braces are not glob pattern ...