RE: PATCH: files and paths and...

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> So, what is needed to support it is
>
> - add backslash as path seprator to _path_files

I don't think I'll even try to do this... all that quoting could get
very ugly.

> - _path_files should recognize 'x:\' as "root".

I would have expected some help for how to detect if we are on cygwin
then ;-)

> Hmm ... there seems to be one more problem. Zsh can glob 'c:/Progr*' to
> 'c:/Program Files' but not 'c:\Progr*'. It seems, that it needs more
> deep support; globbing code should recognize '\' as valid path separator
> as well.

See above. Did Amol's port do this? I guess it did...

> Oh, yes, and NT has case-insensitive file system, that means, globbing
> should be case-insensitive by default as well.

Hm. For non-_match completion this is simple and I don't think I'll
try to change the C-code for _match to support this.

And all this for some rotten Microsoft thing. Ick.

Bye
 Sven