Re: FreeBSD 5.0 and zsh 3.0.7 rare bug

(Discussion redirected to zsh-workers.)

On Jul 1, 10:56pm, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
} Subject: FreeBSD 5.0 and zsh 3.0.7 rare bug
}
} For some weird reason every now and then my output got arsed.

Arsed?

} After some inspection I came to the discovery that zsh sometimes out of
} itself sets stty's icrnl option.  Which obviously messes up output.  I
} have no idea what can cause this.

The setting of icrnl shouldn't have any effect on output; the `i' is for
*input*, that is, translate input carriage returns to newlines.

Zsh plays some games with icrnl and inlcr so that type-ahead is handled
properly with respect to the key-bindings for ctrl-M and ctrl-J.  There
is a lengthy comment in zle_main.c to explain about this in detail.