Re: adding a toplevel zsh.spec.in file

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to add a zsh.spec.in file to the toplevel directory so
> that any tarball releases or CVS snapshots can immediately be built
> into RPMs with
>
>   $ rpm -ta zsh-3.1.x-dev-y.tar.gz
>
> Are there any objections to this?  If not there are a few issues to
> clear up:
>
>  - Do we also bundle a zsh.spec in releases?  I vote yes, otherwise
>    the whole exercise is a bit pointless.

That won't be a problem.  Just add it to .distfiles.

>  - Should zsh.spec be included in the CVS tree?  Yes goes against the
>    grain, since all other auto-generated files aren't, but no means
>    that CVS snapshots can't be built immediately as above.

It's not worth it; you can't bundle a raw CVS tree anyway, you have to run
preconfig.  Get that to do any pre-configuation stuff.

>  - I would like to include some sample startup files for a typical
>    RedHat box.  I already have these - taken from an official RedHat
>    zsh rpm, and then much improved (mainly through suggestions from
>    Bart).  Would it be OK to add these in a new StartupFiles/RedHat
>    directory?  Or is it time that the current StartupFiles files
>    (written for 2.7) got a rehaul anyway?

It's ancient, it really should be completely rewritten and preferably
divided up into indiviual files doing different things, with any compctl
stuff stuck in a subdirectory for legacy code.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,