Re: _killall on linux

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Jul 8,  4:49pm, Thomas Köhler wrote:
> } Subject: _killall on linux
> }
> } Now, the problem is: _killall won't complete all process names. This is
> } not a big deal for "normal" users, but root may have to kill other
> } user's processes, too. May I suggest something like this (completing
> } _all_ process names for super users)
>
> We could put something like that [*] in, but you should note that this
> can already be configured via a style in root's .zshrc:
>
>     zstyle ':completion:*:processes-names' command ps xa ho comm
>
> Making that configurable is the reason for the $(_call ...) expression.
>
> It's a bit weird that it's "processes-names" rather than "process-names".
> (Was there some reason for that?  It's not completing both processes and
> names, and one doesn't normally use the possessive "processes' names" to
> refer to "names of processes".)

It doesn't have anything to do with real english -- it's just the tag
used with some strings appended, to make it easier to remember them.

At least I thought it would be easier...

> [*] Rather than $( [[ "$UID" = 0 ]] && print -n xa ) I'd suggest the less
> resource-intensive ${=EUID//(#s)0(#e)/ps xa}.

I wouldn't be agains that patch. But I think it raises the question if
we should add other default for some systems, such as -u$USER.

Bye
 Sven