CVS per-patch flat tags still needed?

Do we need all the old per-patch flat tags that the pre-sourceforge
CVS patch-applicator used to generate?  I've heard that having a lot
of unused flat tags slows CVS down (presumably when using a tag name),
and since we don't maintain any per-patch tags anymore, it seems to me
that it would be a good idea to just remove them.  I'd be glad to do
this, if we agree that this is a desired course of action (at least,
once zsh.sourceforge.net comes back up again).

..wayne..