Re: parse errors and up-line-or-history

On Oct 18, 10:08am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Bart wrote:
} > that anything that won't lex, doesn't make it into the history.
}
} There was originally a partial fix that the rest of the line gets read in
} and stuck on the end of the history without lexing.  I haven't looked at
} this for a long time, so it may be at the mercy of various flags

Aha!  It's HIST_REDUCE_BLANKS!  Unset that option, and the entire command
line makes it into the history.

Wayne, are you listening?

The other stuff I talked about in 10996, e.g. editing the line from before
history expansion was done, still applies.