RE: PATCH: ptyread eating CPU on Cygwin

> I even think about removin non-blocking ptys altogether -- and add
> allow `zpty -w' with a timeout, too.  Hm, the print builtin can't be
> given a timeout, but the -t option for it is still unused. Should we?

zpty -w with timeout is right stuff. I think, we better leave non-blocking
mode in - may be, there are some exotic cases when it may be useful. And in
case of non-bocking read with pattern add return code 'did not match' (it
cannot happen in case of blocking read without either EOF or timeout).

But we need better semantic for zpty -r then. Without pattern, how much
exactly should it read? A character at a time? A line?

-andrej