Re: RS6000AIX Zsh Executable Fails

> After building either the zsh-3.1.2 or the zsh-3.1.9 releases
> for the rs6000aix platform, I try running zsh and get the
> following message:
>
> % zsh
> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./zsh because of the following errors:
>         0509-118   The alignment of the .text section does not
>                    satisfy its required alignment.
>         0509-194 Examine file headers with the 'dump -ohv' command.
> %

Looks like a compiler problem.  Are you sure the gcc you are using was
compiled on this (exact) OS version?  Just because it works with other
programmes doesn't necessarily mean it was.

Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0XL, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070