Re: PATCH: termcap/terminfo support in modules

On Dec 4,  5:05pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: termcap/terminfo support in modules
}
} > We could just make the terminfo module not be built if tiget* are undefined.

It's not that they're not defined, they're just not in a library that
configure is testing for.  Or rather, configure is not testing for those
functions in particular, even though it does test for -lcurses.

Other random things I noticed:

Indentation is really messed up in terminfo.c, starting at about line 52.

`man curs_terminfo' on my system says that strings returned by tigetstr()
et al. should always be output using tputs(), but terminfo.c outputs them
with printf().

`man curs_terminfo' also implies that setupterm() must be called before
using any of the other terminfo functions.  THere also may be a conflict
on global variables named `lines' and `columns' but maybe that's already
been dealt with as I know zsh does link with curses on some OSs.

} Add a configure test and test it in the `link=...' line in terminfo.mdd.
}
} link='if test "x$ac_cv_have_tiget" = xyes; then echo either; else echo no; fi'

That's pretty spiffy.