RE: PATCH: completion positions

>> (I was thinking I could be useful by adding "insert_positions" output to
>> the 54compmatch.ztst test, such that all the cases reported it's value.
>> Would this be worthwhile? )
>Yes, that would be nice to have, I think.

OK.  I'll try to do that this weekend when I have some time.  Maybe
you'll have thought some more about the next item, and the formatting
issues of insert_positions will be decided.

>Just for the fun of it I've added this and `#if 0'ed it out because
>this isn't enough. We would have to distinguish three cases:
>
>- something missing at the end
>- nothing missing at the end
>- nothing missing at the end but the inserted string is equal to one
>  of the matches
>
>That last one is the problem (eow should be one of the positions).
>It's hard to find out if the inserted string is equal to one of the
>matches.  I need to think about this some more.

That hadn't occurred to me.  It does seem like it would be useful in
other situations to know if the current string is equal to one of the
matches.

To add even more information about insert positions, it might be useful
to know if a given insert position can match a null string or not.  For
example, if the choices are A.C.D, A.B.C, A.B.C.D, and the input is A.C,
it might be useful to know that the insert position after the A, for
some matches, doesn't need any input.

I've been using the latest changes all day and haven't had any problems.
Thanks again, Sven!

-FR.