Re: PATCH (?): Re: Automatic hash -d

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> So how's this look?

Good, I think you can commit it.

> I'm a little worried about "$compstate[quote]" != \"
> but that's what was there before, and I don't really understand why I'm
> worried (nor why it's there, for that matter; the -z "$compstate[quote]"
> test in the next branch makes more sense to me).

I think it's a typo.  And I couldn't find the message that added it in
the archive, searching for `compstate\[quote\]'.  That test once was
`-z $compstate[quote]', too, which wasn't right either.

It should test $compstate[quote] != \', because $s aren't expanded
inside single quotes (try it with completion after

  foo=bar
  echo '$foo/<TAB>

where there exists a directory named `$foo').

> Ideally, the code in _path_files would first peel off the ~notauser and
> check that for errors, and then discover that the prefix still contains
> an expansion and try to shift more of it into linepath and realpath and
> check *that* for errors; but I wasn't prepared to do that much violence
> to _path_files.

Yes, that would be better.  I might have a look once your patch is
committed, don't have the time now.

Bye
  Sven