Re: Mandrake 8.0 - compinit in /etc/zshrc

On May 19, 10:19pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: Mandrake 8.0 - compinit in /etc/zshrc
}
} I am not exactly happy about it ... one reason is above; the other one,
} should distribution unconditionally force user to use new completion?

This is a philosophical decision along the lines of "should the default
zsh setopts include always_last_prompt and auto_list?" though a bit more
extreme.  I personally would say it should not.

} Here is relevant part from /etc/zshrc:
}
} # Completion functions
} _compdir=/usr/share/zsh/$ZSH_VERSION/functions/Completion
} [[ -z $fpath[(r)$_compdir] ]] && fpath=($fpath $_compdir)
} autoload -U compinit
} compinit

Drop just the actual execution of "compinit" and the rest would be OK.

Anyway, the obvious workaround is to add to your .zshenv:

  alias compinit="compinit -d ${ZDOTDIR:-$HOME}/.zcompdump.$ZSH_VERSION"