Re: vi editting troubles

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> We can't ensure it, which is why I directed a question to zsh-workers
> about the reason for the choice of keybindings.  I'm a bit surprised that
> no one spoke up.

It wasn't me this time, but I think Adam modelled it after some Emacs
key bindings?

About the init code stuff: I could do that, I'm just not sure which way
we should go.  Repeating everything in every function is just too ugly.
Putting it into the C-code is the opposite of what I wanted to achieve --
and I want to try to keep the basic C-code independent of the way the
completion system shell code is written.

So, I would prefer a solution that allows us to add just a bit of code
to the top level shell functions which sets everything up.  Be it an
array (so that we would add a line like `$_init_comp' to the functions)
or an alias or -- somewhat uglier because the setopt localoptions has to
be called separately -- a initialisation function to call.

I think we had a bit of discussion about this before when we added the
_comp_options array. But I have been very busy this week and didn't find
the time to look it up (and I'll be away from tomorrow till (not
including) monday, so everybody will have the possibility to be faster
in solving this than me).

Bye
  Sven