Re: compilation issues

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> alpha Compaq Tru64 5.1
>
> It was this machine where I got the V01zmodload test seg fault so it
> isn't just Solaris and Cygwin.

This sounds like it needs something added in Etc/MACHINES.

> sparc Sun Solaris 8, gcc
>
> Presumably most people are using Sun's compiler for this but they only
> have gcc and it fails at its first invocation with this:

As I said yesterday, I had no problem at all with SunOS 5.8 with gcc with
the default configuration.  I was using gcc 2.95.2.  It could be another
manifestation of the problems with warnings in headers, but there are still
some odd things going on.

> gcc -c -I.  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wno-implicit -Wmissing-prototypes -O2  -o builtin.o builtin.c
> In file included from zsh.mdh:15,
> 		   from builtin.c:30:
> system.h:155: redefinition of `struct timezone'

You should have

#define HAVE_STRUCT_TIMEZONE 1

which avoids this.  struct timezone is defined in sys/time.h:

#if (!defined(_POSIX_C_SOURCE) && !defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE)) || \
        defined(__EXTENSIONS__)
#ifndef _ASM
struct timezone {
        int     tz_minuteswest; /* minutes west of Greenwich */
        int     tz_dsttime;     /* type of dst correction */
};

#endif  /* _ASM */
#endif  /* (!defined(_POSIX_C_SOURCE) && !defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE))... */

> In file included from zsh.mdh:16,
> 		   from builtin.c:30:
> zsh.h:1469: field `tchars' has incomplete type

That means HAVE_TERMIO_H isn't being defined as it should be.

> In file included from zsh.mdh:41,
> 		   from builtin.c:30:
> jobs.epro:9: `MAXJOB' undeclared here (not in a function)

This is very suspicious --- this should be defined by configure in
config.h.  It should default to 50.

> In file included from zsh.mdh:53,
> 		   from builtin.c:30:
> signals.epro:27: parse error before `handler'
> signals.epro:27: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

That means RETSIGTYPE isn't being defined properly in config.h.  It ought
to be `void'.

CSR Ltd., Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0XL, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.