Re: zftp annoyance

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> Look and see if $ZFTP_SYSTEM contains "UNIX Type: L8"; if not, it won't
> happen automatically.

$ZFTP_SYSTEM appears to be unset. Did you mean $ZFTP_SESSION which is
`default'.

> It should be easy to adapt the function suite to remember this.  It would
> be even easier to make binary the default:  just doctor zfopen and zfanon
> and put `zftype binary' at the end.  Hooks aren't currently implemented,
> but that could be done.

I'd probably do that but it'd be a hassle every time I upgrade zsh.
Would anyone object to having a style for this?

> Making zfget support [user@]host:file and URL notation for one-off
> retrievals is another useful, and relatively simple, possibility.  I
> haven't been doing much with zftp recently.

It isn't on the top of my list. I'm happy with wget etc for those sort
of things. zftp is really useful when you want to keep the session for a
while and mix it with other commands.

> How are you managing reconnect on timeout?  Using zfautocheck?

Yes, or whatever the default is after running zfinit. The only
configuration I've done of zftp is making sure zstyle -d is after zfinit
to clear the default styles.

> Looks like the zfconfig parameter maintained by the function system should
> be storing the transfer type, which it isn't.

Yes. That sounds like the sort of thing I was expecting to be the
problem.

Oliver