Re: PATCH: Block device tests

On May 26, 12:24pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: RE: PATCH: Block device tests
}
} This broke test on my system where find returns 1 even if files were found;
} I fixed this but then got errors in next test (char devices). I fixed this
} but got errors in mkfifo test. It is pointless - we need general "not
} implemented" framework for test harness.

Not finding any block (or character) devices because /dev is inaccessible
to nonprivileged users -- which has been the cause of at least a few of
the device test failures reported -- is not the same as "not implemented"
(which is presumably the issue with mkfifo on ReliantUNIX).

Further, I don't see any alternative to editing each test chunk even if
there were a not-implemented framework.

Could we use a grep of config.h as the not-implemented test?

} +  block=$(find /dev(|ices)/ -type b -print 2> /dev/null)

You don't need the 2>/dev/null any more -- the test condition is `0D:',
which means to ignore the error output and use only the exit status in
determining whether the test succeeded.