Re: zsh and autoconf-2.50

On May 30,  2:48pm, Jos Backus wrote:
> Subject: zsh and autoconf-2.50
> This is with a just checked out copy. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think so ...

> taiko:/depot/src/zsh% ./Util/preconfig
> cd . && ./.preconfig
> configure.in:55: error: undefine: undefined: zsh-debug

That's pretty silly.  This is like C++ generating an error if you #undef
a constant that has never been #define'd.  Did autoconf-2.50 redefine the
m4 undefine function, or did something change in a new version of m4?

My m4 info page says:

   It is not an error for NAME to have no macro definition.  In that
case, `undefine' does nothing.

Anyway, those undefines are probably entirely extraneous anyway, so try
just deleting them.