Re: zsh and autoconf-2.50

Clint Adams wrote:

> It "renames" them to m4_define and m4_undefine.  I don't know why.
> Akim, can you enlighten us?

Is it using the --prefix-builtins (-P) option to m4 for this then? If
so, that sounds quite sensible because it can be quite annoying in m4
having to remember to quote any builtins. Anyway, that sounds like it
will be a fairly trivial fix to configure.in when we come to switch to
autoconf 2.5.

> We might want to send configure.in to the Attic and name it configure.ac
> after 4.0 gets branched off.

Why out of interest? What would autoconf 2.5 have it replaced by then?

Oliver