Re: !!:t applies to line, not words

On Jun 4, 12:16am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: !!:t applies to line, not words
}
} Do you think this is right?  It's not how it works with arrays.
}
} % print words with no path /a/path more words
} words with no path /a/path more words
} % print !!:t
} % print path more words

In tcsh, :t appears to be ignored unless it's used on a single word.
E.g. `!!:t' is the same as `!!' and `!*:t' is the same as `!*', but
`!$:t' is the tail of the last word and `!:5:t' is the tail of the 5th
word, etc., and `!!:gt' applies :t to every individual word.

I don't have an old BSD csh around to play with, and I don't remember
what it did.  Zsh's handling is almost certainly based on BSD 4.2-or-so
csh rather than tcsh.