RE: Commited: RE: PATCH: Re: zsh and autoconf-2.50

> > Note, that config.cache is incompatible between two versions. 2.50 by
> > default does not cache anything; you can persuade it but then
> better remove
> > old cache.
>
> Can we turn this on, or is there some good reason for not having it?

It depends. For initial configure run you have to manually
use --cache-file=config.cache (or --config-cache) or set cache file in site
config file ($prefix/{share,etc}/site.config -whatever exists or
CONFIG_SITE=...). For Makefile dependencies we can
add --cache-file=config.status - the only problem is if user specified
another cache file when running conifgure ... hopefully rare.

Why it was turned off by default - dunno, I never followed autoconf
development too closely. I Cc it to the autoconf list.

-andrej