Re: Module namespaces? RE: PATCH: zftp/tcp abstraction

Zefram wrote:
> Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
> >What is the module nameing policy? It is somewhat silly to invent
> >hierarchical module namespace and put all modules under the same hood.
>
> My intention was that the first part of the hierarchical name identify
> the publisher of the module.  For example, there could hypothetically
> be a module named "redhat/foo" published by Red Hat.  The "zsh/" prefix
> is intended for all (and only) modules published by the Zsh Development
> Group.

We could use zsh/net/*.  I wouldn't want to move zftp there, however, since
it will be a major nuisance now.  But there's nothing to stop us making
zsh/net/tcp.  Zftp is directly useful to users, while tcp isn't, so hiding
the one at a lower level makes some kind of twisted sense.

I don't know offhand if the install scripts handle extra levels, but
zmodload won't have any problem.

CSR Ltd., Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0XL, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.