Re: zsh 4.0.1 make check failures on irix, freebsd, solaris, aix, linux

On Jun 9, 12:12pm, Timothy Miller wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh 4.0.1 make check failures on irix, freebsd, solaris, aix,
}
} > CVS repository at SourceForge <https://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=4068>.
} > You will probably want to "cvs -d ... co -r zsh-4_0-patches".
}
} Ok; I'll take a look at this a little later..

I've also uploaded just the fix for this one problem to the SourceForge
patch manager:
  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=304068&group_id=4068&func=browse
The patch number is 431573.

} The source directory is on a filesystem mounted with grpid so new
} directories get the parent group, but the parent group isn't one I'm in

Aha.  However, it's really only trying to see whether the setgid bit is
set, not which group owns the directory.  Maybe the "chmod g+s" fails when
you aren't in the group?

} It might help to have some code to test for
} that case and try to deliberately "chgrp $GID <whatever>"

The %prep section should simply always do that chgrp.

} Is there a reason not to put your temporary testing files in /tmp if
} NFS is a problem?

There are different problems with Sun's ramdisk /tmp, so there's really
no safe place to put anything.  We're trying to come up with a way to
tell that the build directory is on NFS and selective skip those tests.

} Some more details [about AIX compilation] then:

Thanks again.  I'm going to let Andrej fold this into configure as he's
already been trying some other AIX-related changes.