Re: PATCH: 4.1.0: `builtin' with disabled builtin.

On Jun 16, 12:06am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: PATCH: 4.1.0: `builtin' with disabled builtin.
}
} It used to be possible to get round the fact that a builtin was disabled by
} putting `builtin' in front of it, which somehow disappeared when I wasn't
} looking.

That's been gone since sometime in 2.5 or 2.6, whenever it was that real
hash tables replaced linked lists for command lookup.  I don't think it
has ever worked in any 3.x version.

} I think the old behaviour is useful and harmless.

Unless one is trying to use disable to create a restricted shell.  Then
one has to disable builtin as well, which might not be desirable for
other reasons.

} Does anyone have any worries about this?

I don't feel strongly one way or the other; I have a slight preference
for the v >= 3.0 behavior rather than the v <= 2.4 behavior, but not so
much as to carry on a lengthy disagreement about it.