Re: PATCH: Completion for AUTO_CD

Oliver Kiddle wrote:

> Bart Schaefer wrote:
> >
> > This should be pretty self-explanatory, except for the fact that it's
> > named _autocd because _command is pre-empted for the `command' builtin.
>
> I'm not too keen on the name. I'd suggest using _command and renaming
> the existing _command, perhaps to _command_builtin (we have an
> _jobs_builtin).

Hmhm, seems sensible.

> My initial thought on seeing your patch was that completion for autocd
> already works. This is because of the line in _command_names which adds
> executable files and directories. This is there for completing commands
> by specifying the full path to them. It is unfortunate that we now get
> the directories twice but I can't think of a simple fix.

I was about to mention the same when this mail came.  The only thing I
can think of is to make _command_names use only -g, not -/ (it will
revert to directory completion if there is no executable anyway).  Or
maybe do that only if autocd is set and _command_names is called from
_autocd.  Or something.

> _cd should also possibly be adding usernames and parameters for the
> cdablevars option.
>
> > On a semi-related note, why doesn't _command call `_command_names -e'?
>
> Probably because it pre-dates it.

I think that's the reason, yes.  That plus oversight.

Bye
  Sven