Re: gcc 3.0 produces broken zsh

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

Everything is nice, no errors, everything properly defined but does not
work. I'll try to get a look at weekend with gcc3 on Mandrake cooker.

Unfortunately, it works here using gcc3.0 from cooker contrib and (mostly) up-to-date cooker.

{pts/1}% rpm -qa | grep gcc3.0
gcc3.0-cpp-3.0-1mdk
gcc3.0-3.0-1mdk
libgcc3.0-3.0-1mdk

The one warning I got is

gcc -V 3.0 -shared -o zleparameter.so zleparameter..o -ldl -lnsl -ltermcap -lm -lc
gcc: Spec failure: Unrecognised spec option 'M'
gcc: Spec failure: Unrecognised spec option 'M'

that I presume is related to this spec line:
*libgcc:
%{shared-libgcc:-lgcc_s%M -lgcc}%{static-libgcc:-lgcc}%{!shared-libgcc:%{!static-libgcc:%{shared:-lgcc_s%M -lgcc}}}%{!shared-libgcc:%{!static-libgcc:%{!shared:-lgcc}}}

(Chmou, would you look into it?) but in spite of it all tests passed.

Cannot speak about CVS version off GCC but released seems to work.

-andrej