Re: Emulating bash

Mads Martin =?iso-8859-1?Q?J=F8rgensen?= wrote:
> Hey together,
> I was toying around and beeing impressed with the bash emulation of zsh
> (I actully moved it into /bin/bash). But it struck me it had problems
> with trapping the signals because signals known to bash apparantly are
> unknown to zsh-bash. This is zsh-4.0.1 final.

Which signals would they be?  On my Solaris system here, I get more signals
with zsh than bash (although it's an oldish bash).  Are they system
specific, or pseudo-signals (like DEBUG) which the shell handles itself?
The former is probably a bug in our signal-finding script, the latter would
need some work.

By the way, we (well, I :-)) would be happy to hear about any suggestions
about bash compatibility.  We've tended to concentrate on plain Bourne
shell, but these days a lot of Linux/GNU-oriented users think of bash as
`the' shell, so we may need to think more about it.

CSR Ltd., Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0XL, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.