RE: Zsh 4.0.2 + 64bit Solaris 8 Forte 6.1 compiler

Andrej Borsenkow writes:

 > Default configuration on Solaris supports LFS and 64 bit integer type. The
 > only additional thing you get is 64 bit pointers, that is hardly an issue
 > for any shell.

Everything is moving to 64-bit environment and it's much easier to
have only one set of local libraries for free software.  For example
compiling something like xemacs I will need ten extra libraries and I
rather compile only 64-bit versions if I need these even once and
don't touch 32-bit stuff at all.

 > You are the first one to rteport this problem. Give me a clean test to
 > detect your compiler and I will incorporate it into configure.
 > Alternatively, we can change -Kpic -> -KPIC for all compilers on Solaris if
 > you know that it is universally supported. It is too dangerous to just cange
 > it.
 >
 > Actually, other zsh-workers have more experience with Solaris than me.
 >
 > > Here is configure output from 32bit environment
 > >

 > So what? zsh does work on Solaris; what you want to show with this output?

Firstly I thought you like to see how my environment is probed but you
like to get piece of code how to detect Sun 64-bit Forte compiler.

  Tomppa
--
SUN Microsystems Oy PL 112, Lars Sonckin kaari 12, 02601 ESPOO, Finland
Tomi Vainio (System Support Engineer)     +358 9 52556300 hotline