Re: Picky criticism of ls completion list formatting

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Jun 29,  9:13am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> } Subject: Re: Picky criticism of ls completion list formatting
> }
> } It's all as it should be, including this one:
> }
> } > With
> } >
> } > listpacked            on
> } > listtypes             on
> } >
> } > 	I *still* get equally-sized columns with three spaces between.
>
> But I'm not really getting three spaces, am I.  I'm getting two spaces
> plus the one-character type-marker of a plain file, which happens to
> also be a space.  The code just isn't clever enough to strip that off
> when the longest name in the column is that of a plain file.

Yes.  One of the things I had thought about trying to write several
times but never came around to really trying.  It's one of the things
inherited from the times before I started hacking zsh (the fact that, as
Alexandre said, the code doesn't store the type character with the
matches or uses it in its calculations and that it use spaces instead of
empty strings for normal files).

Bye
  Sven